Welcome to Your Electorate page. Active Democracy Australia offers a one-stop shop for people wanting to promote and find local electorate level democracy activity in their electorates.
We will publish links and contact details for groups and people in this electorate who align with our values and in particular are:
- engaging the local community in active democracy,
- not single issue focused, and
- not a political party.
We will also report news, stories and ideas from groups across the nation, so let us know from time to time what you’re up to and how you’re going.
Electorate action groups in this seat
There are none as yet.
Luke Gosling (Labor) is your MP. To find out about Luke:
- This site tells you how your MP’s policy priorities align with the priorities of voters in the seat. From Menu, click on Meet the Perfect Candidate, then Let’s talk and then Compare my electorate. Then type in your electorate and follow the prompts.
- Enter your MP’s name on this site and find out the parliamentary bills the MP voted for or against (or abstained on), and whether this conformed to their party vote.
- This site also tells you how your MP voted, as well as biographical information, the MPs’ speeches, their parliamentary expenses and their declared interests (that is, their properties, investments and gifts). The best place to start is to click on the summary button.
Find out about other candidates for this seat when they nominate and campaign before the election.
Results from past elections in this electorate
These can be found here.
More information about this electorate
This Australian Electoral Commission Profile contains some basic information about the electorate, including a map, the local government areas it covers and a link to details of the current MP.
This Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) Quickstats page for this seat provides a range of demographic information relating to gender, age, education levels, ethnic background, religious affiliation, employment levels, occupations, incomes, family composition, housing circumstances and more, in numbers and percentages. These are compared with figures for your state and the nation.
Good luck and please keep in touch!